Friday, December 4, 2009

The Road to H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks is Paved with Good Intentions.


So, starting my training on December 1 is an "epic FAIL." And I have no excuses. The only thing I can say for myself is that I've put my social life well ahead of my training. I've made some new friends and those friends...like to go out. Every. Single. Night. When I say "go out" I don't mean party per se (though there is plenty of that going on). Instead I mean meet for dinner, then drinks, then a movie. For those of you that know me this new set of priorities is a big change. In my defense, these are volleyball friends so the shenanigans tend to occur after we've played a few pick-up games. The upside = I'm still working out. The downside=the shenanigans start late and continue until the wee hours of the morning. The result = no 6 am running.

I can assure you that this will not be a permanent thing. But for this week this girl just wanted to have fun. I've promised myself that starting Sunday, I'll get back on the stick. Get serious. And start that training, since the race will be here before you know it...

*Belle*

No comments:

Post a Comment