Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I've fallen and I can't get up!


So, I'm at day two for this week's running routine and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm right on track to where I need to be in order to stay on track for the KY Derby mini-marathon. The only thing that scares me is that I am relying so much on the treadmill to train that I won't be able to run what I need to when I actually start hitting the pavement. Most blogs that I've read said that I should be just fine, but I have my doubts. For starters, my hip absolutely KILLS me when I run on the treadmill. I tend to favor my right side due to several sprains in my left ankle. I researched some stretches and they seem to make all things better in the world. I just hope that it doesn't end up being something more serious that it already is.

Besides the hip pain, the only other complaint I have is the ice-ridden path I have to walk in order to get to the gym. I nearly wiped OUT on the way to AND from the gym today. I guess my hip pain could be a whole lot worse than what it is! Plus, if you know me well, I am prone to falling and injuring myself quite frequently. For now, I will keep braving it through the ice and snow and will be thinking about spring time in my dreams.

*Mulan*

No comments:

Post a Comment