Friday, January 8, 2010

The Office.


7:00 on a Friday night, where are you? I'm at the office. Still. Or as I informed the facebook world I'm "on a hot date at my office with discovery responses for 3 different cases, a torrid affair with an AAP, followed by cozying up with cases for the Florida Employment Law Letter..." Translation = "I'm drowning in work." Which, coupled with last months laziness, is killing my running routine. I've managed to get some running in this week thanks to the 40 minutes of weightlifting the volleyball team I coach does during my scheduled practices (I send them to the strength coach and split). However, its not enough to get ready for the 1/2 marathon. The reality hits when you are $100,000 in debt thanks to student loans and starting out as a young litigator work must come first. Therefore, as a result of my 12+ hour work days, things are not looking good for this Princess and the Disney 1/2...

On the bright side, despite my overall health suffering and my fitness dreams slowly turning to dust, I'm a billable hour machine. As for the rest of my Princess Posse, they seem to be right on track [pause for cheering and applause from Belle]. As for me, I'm going to keep trucking the best I can, work and volleyball coaching permitting, and re-evaluate at the end of January. Worst case scenario, this Princess won't be going to Disney world, but instead finding a race later in the year. The good news for you, is that means you get to spend longer reading my whining and complaints. ;)

*Belle*

1 comment:

  1. Well even if you don't make the half you're trying for I'm enjoying your whining and complaining.

    Right now I can run 3.25 miles without dying and I consider that an accomplishment. I thought about running a 5K just cause but you know I really don't like crowds or people or crowds of people running. We'll see. Maybe you'll inspire me.

    ReplyDelete